Visual Sequential Narrative — Initial Ideas

I was struggling to come up with ideas with this project, but one of the first to come to mind was creating a few images demonstrating how anxiety feels to me.

Here is an attempt at an image:


I wanted to convey the feeling of always being stared at and judged by everyone around you. I need to make this image have a sense of time or motion but I'm not sure how. It's quite dark, and I wasn't sure how to change that and still keep an unsettling feeling...

So I added a gradient to add more contrast between the figure and background. 






Comments

  1. wow, i love how ominous this feels. i think you did a great job visualizing anxiety with they eyes overwhelming the figure. i think the high contrast also helps with that a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's funny that you chose this topic because mine is super similar!! I really like your take on it, especially with the figure turned around staring at the eyes (which is super ominous, I love it). I am liking the gradient and am excited to see where you take your piece further.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am 100% getting the unsettling feeling you are shooting for. I think that the gradient added a lot to brighten up the piece in a subtle way and I am really liking the direction that this is heading towards. I think it could also be very interesting to have a another silhouette picture layered to the side of the girl, of her facing forwards to show the glaring behind her back as well. The eyes are super cool touch btw.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Fantasy Appliance: In-Progress