The Cyclical Nature of Things: Final

I couldn't decide on one final image because these ideas were so different from each other. Therefore, I decided to include both.

I made changes to this one, moving my cat Margo to the empty negative space that the nightstand was creating. I feel that the composition is more balanced this way. I wanted to include multiple perspectives in one image to represent the often chaotic, tiring aspects of a daily routine. Imposing my cat over these perspectives is hinting at small moments that bring serenity while dealing with chaos.


As for this second image, I decided to create a duality of spaces. I wanted to keep the idea of a liminal space, but I wanted to contrast it with something a bit happier. My idea behind this, regarding my concept of "routine," is similar to a crossroads; which path will you take? This hallway is one I go down every day, and their endings suggest how the day might end. The path on the left is one of negative emotions: unsafe and insecure. The path to the right is one of comfort and care; a way to escape the negative.
 


Comments

  1. I really like what you ended up with! both pieces feel rather ominous, but I think I prefer the second composition more because it feels more narrowed down to a central vision. The top has some distracting parts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Visual Sequential Narrative — Initial Ideas

Fantasy Appliance: In-Progress