The Cyclical Nature of Things: First Stab



I made two attempts at an image, but I am lost on where to go. I'm not very proud of these. My concept in one word is ROUTINE. My 40 images were all of things I often see and places I often go.

For the first image I used the breezeway of my apartment complex, and instead of the normal end, I added a photo I took of an eerie scene I saw one day while walking around stores in the mall. I wanted to create a sort of liminal space and make it feel unsettling.

For the second image I used a photo of my living room taken from the floor (I spend a lot of time there when I'm stressed). I included pictures of mine and my roommate's cats because they're a big part of my life. I also added a spiral pattern of my cat's glowing eye. I'm not sure why.


Comments

  1. definitely unsettling, you're succeeding at that for sure

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoy the second image and I feel like it relates a lot more to your theme of a routine. I also really enjoy the cat's eye pattern and how it glows! Do you think there's any other images of objects that might hint at your own routine that you could include?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Visual Sequential Narrative — Initial Ideas

Fantasy Appliance: In-Progress